30 Personal Finance Achievements You Need To Unlock
Fee-for-service financial planner and founder of PlanEasy.ca
When it comes to personal finance there are many different milestones, and each one is its own individual achievement. Personal finance is full of achievements you need to ‘unlock’ to be successful. The more achievements you unlock, the more success you’ll have at building wealth.
To ‘win’ the money game you need to hit certain milestones along the way. Some achievements are necessary before you can move forward in the game. Others enable you to accelerate your wealth even faster. And then there are some achievements that are just interesting check points along the way.
Here are 30 personal finance achievements you need to unlock!
How many have you unlocked already?
- Budget Regularly
- Track Your Spending
- Save 20%+ Of Your Income
- Save $1,000 For Emergencies
- Eliminate Credit Card Debt
- Eliminate Other Debt
- Save Up A 3-Month Emergency Fund
- Take Full Advantage Of Employer Retirement Plans
- Open A TFSA
- Open An RRSP
- Start Investing At Least $100/Month
- Ask For A Raise
- Eliminate Student Debt
- Reduce Your Investment Fees
- Simplify Your Finances
- Save For A Down Payment
- Switch Jobs/Get A Promotion
- Budget For Infrequent Expenses
- Learn When To Use Your TFSA vs Your RRSP
- Save Up A 6-Month Emergency Fund
- Buy A House
- Have Children/Maternity Leave/Paternity Leave
- Open An RESP
- Create An Investment Plan
- Plan For Retirement
- Hit Your Coast Number
- Pay Off The Mortgage
- Reach Financial Independence
- Quit Your Job
- Retire Early
Financial planner, personal finance geek and founder of PlanEasy.